Recent observations have shown that Nigeria has been hit with heat waves as high as 42 degrees Celsius in certain parts of the country.
These heat waves are known to be health risks, causing issues such as dehydration, heat exhaustion heat stroke and in rare cases, death. We have put together a list of things you need to do to avoid being a victim of the effects of the heat wave.
You can curtail the heat wave effect on you by:
- Drinking lots of water to stay properly hydrated
- Adopting a good eating habit
- Taking as many showers in a day as possible
- Avoiding excessive intake of caffeinated or intoxicating drinks
- Avoiding excessive exposure to the sun
- Properly ventilating your household