The Microsoft Excel Learn Excel Essentials for Reporting in 5 Days is a 5 curriculum course with facilitator David Brown, FCA, Microsoft MVP.
This free course will give you staged access to short videos over the next 5 Days to demystify how Microsoft Excel really works.
It is designed to quickly get you started with the basic formulas and techniques you need to quickly automate a report. You will learn some best practices in using Excel and be on your way to becoming proficient.
This course will teach you a methodology for working with Excel that exposes how the Excel application really works. The course highlights many shortcuts, tips and tricks to make you more productive on the job. By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify and Recall the new features and shortcuts in the latest versions of Excel.
- Demonstrate general Excel spreadsheet skills by working with tabs, ribbons, dialogue boxes, Excel options and formats
- Interpret exactly how the Excel engine works and use this knowledge in proﬀering solution to case studies.
Once you’re done with the course and your interest for the Microsoft Excel product piques, here are some useful Excel features and formula you should look at:
- Pivot Tables
- Text To Columns
- V-look Up
- Data ranges
- Conditional Formatting
If you ever want to recover an unsaved Microsoft Excel file:
- Go to file tab and click ‘Open’.
- Click ‘Recent Workbooks’ option on the top left.
- Scroll to the bottom and click ‘Recover Unsaved Workbooks’.
- Go through the list and search for the file you lost.
- Open and save it.
Some time-saving Microsoft Excel shortcuts for Windows:
Please, share this information with those who need it, and be sure to allow our post notifications so you can stay in the know.