After going through the preliminary stages of applying for your passport online, the next stage will be to pay. The two most used methods are
Whichever you choose, these are the procedures to follow:
- After submitting your application form online, click on “Proceed to Online Payment”.
- Select your payment currency (Naira or Dollars).
- Select your preferred payment method (Bank or Credit/Debit Card) – find out how to make payment with your Credit/Debit Card here.
- Select your bank from the list of participating banks then select “continue”.
- Click the “Print Acknowledgement” button after which you will print your “Payment Acknowledgement Slip” with your transaction ID, Application ID and Reference Number.
- Take your Acknowledgement Slip to your bank (ensure your bank is among the list of participating banks).
- Pay the complete fee to your bank.
- Receive your “Approved Payment Platform Provider” receipt which will contain your “Validation Number” – Your validation number is what you will use to confirm payment on the portal.
Find out how to use your validation number here.