A new Visa-On-Arrival Application Process has just been published by the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) for all Business Travelers and African Union Countries except ECOWAS member Countries.
Accordingly, all visitors coming to Nigeria from these countries shall be required to follow the application procedure below:
- STEP 1
Visit the Nigerian Immigration Services portal – scroll down to the ‘’Visa-On-Arrival’’ section and select ‘’Apply for Visa-On-Arrival
Click on the drop-down button for the “Applying Country to select the country from which you are applying. The Processing Country is pre-selected as Nigeria. Read the instructions carefully, then click “Start Application”.
NB: You will be directed to the ‘’Innovate 1 services website’’ to complete application and payment.
On the Innovate 1 services website, click on the login button. To login, you must use an existing email account (Google, Yahoo or OpenID account)
On the dashboard, click ‘’Application’’. Then, select ‘’New Application’’ from the dropdown list, ﬁll the required ﬁelds on the next page and click ‘’Start Application’’ when done.
NB – Only African Nationals qualify for Visitor/Tourist visas on arrival.
Check all the boxes to conﬁrm your qualiﬁcation for the Visa-On-Arrival then click ‘’Next’’.
NB: Ensure to read the Visa-On-Arrival Program Guidelines before you continue.
Complete all steps (1-7) required when ﬁlling your application form. At step 6 in the application form, your application ID and reference number will be generated and displayed on your screen. Review and click the “print and continue” tab. At step 7, click on ‘’Proceed to checkout’’.
Please note the following;
– All ﬁelds marked with red asterisks are mandatory.
– For present nationality, please select the nationality of the travel document you are traveling with.
– When selecting your height, click the dropdown menu and choose either centimeters, Feet or Meters then click update.
– When you are asked to ﬁll out numbers or amounts, please enter only the number and do not include symbols, letters or spaces.
– Please upload relevant documents required in the speciﬁed formats and sizes.
You will be required to upload the following original documents:
– Passport Photo
– Introduction/Application Letter
– Copy of Passport Data Page
– Copy of Airline Return Ticket
– Invitation Letter from Host Company
– Corporate Affairs Commission Certiﬁcate from Host Company, or in case of NGO’s, a Letter of Permission.
NB- Introduction/Application Letter should be addressed to The Comptroller General of Immigration, NIS HQ, Abuja. Stating the following:
– Name of Applicant indicating Nationality
– Passport number of Applicant
– Purpose of visit
– Proposed date of visit
– Proposed port of entry
– Flight itinerary
– Address in Nigeria or Hotel Reservation
- STEP 2
MAKE PAYMENT ONLINE
To make a payment, click on ‘’proceed to online payment’’ on the Cart items page. Read all instructions carefully, select your means of payment, check the required box and click ‘’Next’’.
Conﬁrm that the payment information displayed is accurate then click on the ‘’Continue’’ tab.
Input payment details and click on the ‘’make payment’’ tab.
Please Note: Payment for your Visa application must be made or else it will not be processed.
The application would be processed, after which, an Approval Conﬁrmation and Approval Letter would be sent to your email within 48hrs (2 working days).
Please Note: Successful online payment is not an approval. Applicant should not proceed to Nigeria until receipt of ‘Visa-On-Arrival Approval Letter’.
The Approval Letter attached to your email will contain your biographic details, ID and reference numbers. Print this and present it to the airline to enable you to board your ﬂight.
- STEP 3
ARRIVE AT THE PORT OF ENTRY AND PROCEED FOR BIOMETRIC ENROLLMENT, VISA ISSUANCE, AND IMMIGRATION CLEARANCE
Upon arrival at the Port of Entry, proceed to the desk marked ‘Visa-On-Arrival’ for biometric enrolment and issuance of entry Visa. Present the following documents at the Port of Entry:
– Visa Approval Letter, valid for 14 days from the date of issuance
– Evidence of online payment
– Valid Passport with a minimum of six months validity
– Valid return ticket
Find out how to apply for a Nigerian Passport here.
Please, share this information to those who need it, and be sure to allow our post notifications so you can stay in the know.